RE: Resolving Russ Housley's DISCUSSes on Node Requirements, part 2

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 john.loughney@nokia.com wrote:
> The problem is, how to pick between IKEv1 or IKEv2?  There is no guidence
> anywhere on this.

True, that could cause an interoperability issue.  But this is what
the security ADs should be giving guidance on :).

> However, discussing this point with Russ, his intention was more about
> Key Management, not specifically IKEv1 or IKEv2, hence my text.

What was the context of that discussion?  Was it key management for
*IPsec* or key management in general.

If the former, I don't think the current text captures this clearly,
as it mentions stuff like Kerberos, TLS and S/MIME.  If in general,
then it's probably fine.