Re: [2462bis issue 597] multicast/MLD reference issues

On 19 Aug 2004 at 17:14, B wrote:

> Your suggestion looks basically fine, but I want to check one minor
> point:
>
> > Note that when a node joins a multicast address, it typically sends a
> > Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) report message [RFC2710] for the multicast
> > address. In the case of Duplicate Address Detection the MLD report message is
> > required in order to inform MLD-snooping switches, rather than routers, to
> > forward the multicast addresses.
>
> Do you really mean "forward the multicast addresses"?  I'd say, e.g.,
> "to forward packets to the multicast address".

No, I don't :) How about this:

..., to forward packets containing the multicast address to the node.

Or simply:

.., to forward multicast packets.

Gerrit van Niekerk
GP van Niekerk Ondernemings BK
Roosstraat 211, Meyerspark, 0184, South Africa
Tel: +27(12)8036501 Fax: +27(12)8034131
Email: gerritvn@gpvno.co.za, gpvno@mweb.co.za
Web: http://www.gpvno.co.za