Re: IPv6 WG Last Call:draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-v3-05.txt

Pekka Savola <pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I can't  figure how ICMPv6 could notice any further data corruption in any
case, so I see no direct justification in *this* spec.)

We are speaking here about the case of the IPv6 layer noticing data corruption
in a received packet and then sending an ICMPv6 error message with the new
Parameter Problem code back to the source. Data corruption can be detected,
e.g., if the link layer has a way to inform the IPv6 layer of packets received with
errors - but this is not necessarily the *only* example.

Fred
osprey67@xxxxxxxxx