Re: RFC 2732 and Zone IDs

Ok. I was referring to "addresses" only, not names.

In that case, I still think that [2001::DEAD%1] still should work, but not
www.mydomain.com%1.

Not sure either if this kind of scope option in an http request has some
use, but probably I'm missing a lot of options for that !

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Pekka Savola <pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Responder a: ipv6-bounces@xxxxxxxx
> Fecha: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 09:14:50 +0300 (EEST)
> Para: Margaret Wasserman <margaret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> CC: ipv6@xxxxxxxx
> Asunto: Re: RFC 2732 and Zone IDs
>
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Margaret Wasserman wrote:
>> We're having a discussion on URIs and IRIs in the IESG that has led
>> me to realize that the URL literal IPv6 address format described in
>> RFC 2732 does not contain any provision for including a zone ID.  I
>> don't think that we could simply add a "%zone-id" to the end of the
>> IP address, because % is a special character in URLs.
>>
>> Thoughts?  Is this something we should update?
>
> Yes, I believe this is a problem.
>
> Possibly the best solution is specifying a BCP that limited scope
> addresses should not be used in URLs or in applications like that.
>
> People trying to use link-local addresses for "normal" applications is
> just causing grief.  Perhaps that needs to be stopped.
>
> --

Madrid 2003 Global IPv6 Summit
Presentations and videos on line at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com