Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-08.txt

> It costs real money to absorb the load.

Well understood. But it will be a while before this goes mainstream.

   Brian

Mark Andrews wrote:
Mark,

I don't think "wait and see" is a cop-out, actually. Since these
addresses are by definition useless on the Internet in general,
I think local pragmatic decision taking is the best way to find
out what we *should* recommend. It's not obvious to me that
a typical corporate deployment of ULAs will need any reverse
lookup at all. It may simply be a non-problem (apart from the load
problem that as112 addresses as I understand it).

Brian

	It's not a question of how many sites will populate the reverse
	zones.  It's a question of how many sites will *not* setup the
	reverse zone and how many applications will make a reverse
	lookup on these addresses.

	You are arguing above that most sites won't setup the reverse
	zone.  This is the situation where you need the preconfigured
	reverse zones the most.

	It costs real money to absorb the load.  Money for servers.
	Money for bandwidth to the servers.

Mark Andrews wrote:

Mark,