Re: question about router behavior

Hi, Markku.
Thanks for your comment.

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:09:19 +0200
Markku Savela <msa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I have a question about a router behavior.
> > rfc2461 and 2461bis assume that
> > the router can stop packet forwarding without disabling to send RA.
>
> Perhaps, so that one could have a configuration with multiple routers, one
> advertising only as default router, and no prefixes. And, another that
> would advertise the prefixes, but have router lifetime = 0 (e.g., is
> not a default router).
>
> There is also "preferred route option", a router that is not default
> router (lifetime = 0), but still routes some specificic prefixes.

But in these case,
the another router advertising lifetime=0
doesn't need to stop packet forwarding functionality.

Especially,
the latter case needs to use packet forwarding functionality.

These cases are realizable if routers change only RA configuration.
How do you think about this?

Thank you.

----
Yukiyo Akisada <Yukiyo.Akisada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>