Re: I-D ACTION:draft-fenner-literal-zone-00.txt

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 11:39:37AM +0000, Tim Chown wrote:

> So what would the cost be of allowing the new syntax, while not removing
> the old?  Then at least the capability is there to avoid the % when needed.
> As and when people hit the problem, they start using the newer syntax.

Allowing both syntaxes is IMHO worse than sticking with what we have.
Lets face it: Even if we decide today to move from % to _, it will take
several years to get rid of the % notation in installed systems. If we
allow both, this process might take even longer. While IPv6 might not be
used as much as we like, it is widely implemented and the code is out
there in customer hands.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany