Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-08.txt

	If ISC was to publish in the DNS

	www.isc.org.            10M IN AAAA     2001:4f8:0:2::d ; exists today
	www.isc.org.            10M IN AAAA     FC01:4f8:0:2::d

	and you happened to have a machine with local addresses
	FC01:4f8:0:2::d.

	You would be unable to reach www.isc.org from any machine
	receiving your ULA prefix as a consequence of the address
	selection rules.

	This is the harm that can be caused when you publish a
	LA ULA.

	If you don't have MUST NOT you don't have a way to point
	blame when things go wrong.  With MUST NOT you can say
	please remove the address you are in violation of RFC XXXX.

	2001:4f8:0:2::d is assigned by forcing the LL address then
	using auto assignment to get the other prefixes.  It is
	done this way so it won't change with hardware changes.

	I expect other sites will do similar things to provide stable
	addressing to their external machines.  Collisions in addresses
	get much more probable when you start assigning the local parts
	by hand.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews@xxxxxxx