Re: I-D ACTION:draft-fenner-literal-zone-00.txt

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 10:23:57AM +0100, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> How interesting! www.%33com.com also fails, so it isn't even
> being kicked into numeric addresses that does it - the parsers
> simply don't interpret the escape at that point.
> So they're all broken?

Either all these implementations are broken or the specification
which requires % escape processing on the host portion of a URI
(because it makes the URI grammer look nicer). It actually does
not buy us anything to do % escape processing on the host name
and with internationalized domain names, implementations might
have even more reasons to treat the host portion of URIs in
special ways.

Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany