new version problems..

Hi,
I am having some problems trying to get the latest version to patch with
the 2.2.10 version of the kernel..

I do the usual:

1. tar zxvf linux-2.2.10.tar.gz
2. cd linux
3. I tried then  patch -p1 -s < /usr/src/ds/patches/kernel.patch
   I get this ::

	[root@blhobvmpc linux]# patch -p1  </usr/src/ds/patches/kernel.patch

	patching file `include/linux/pkt_cls.h'
patching file `include/linux/pkt_sched.h'
patching file `include/linux/skbuff.h'
patching file `include/linux/netdevice.h'
The next patch would create the file `include/net/dsfield.h',
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] y
patching file `include/net/dsfield.h'
patching file `include/net/pkt_sched.h'
patching file `net/netsyms.c'
patching file `net/core/skbuff.c'
patching file `net/sched/sch_prio.c'
patching file `net/sched/Config.in'
patching file `net/sched/Makefile'
patching file `net/sched/cls_api.c'
The next patch would create the file `net/sched/cls_tcindex.c',
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] y
patching file `net/sched/cls_tcindex.c'
patching file `net/sched/sch_api.c'
The next patch would create the file `net/sched/sch_dsmark.c',
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] y
patching file `net/sched/sch_dsmark.c'
The next patch would create the file `net/sched/sch_gred.c',
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] y
patching file `net/sched/sch_gred.c'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
File `net/sched/sch_gred.c' is not empty after patch, as expected.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to net/sched/sch_gred.c.rej
patching file `net/sched/sch_generic.c'
The next patch would create the file `net/sched/sch_ingress.c',
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] y
patching file `net/sched/sch_ingress.c'
patching file `net/ipv4/ip_input.c'

Why does this happen.??