Re: TCP Analysis tools ..

Michael Stricklen wrote:

> Guys (and gals),
>
>         Does anyone know of any TCP/IP analysis tools available that will
> produce such statistics as average packet delay, packet delay variance, or
> packet loss rate ( hmm I wonder where they came up with these names ...
> hehe).  If any of you are familiar with the Adtech ATM testing platform,
> I'm looking for something that will produce statistics at the IP level
> that are similar to the statistics it produces from the ATM data.  It
> seems that a tool like this will be invaluable in evaluating the
> effectiveness of the QoS code in the linux kernel (I know I could really
> use it right now).  The tools I've taken a look at (netperf, ttcp) don't
> really fit the bill.  If someone knows of something out there, please
> forward me a link.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Michael Stricklen
> Research Assistant
> Center for Telecommunications Education and Research
> University of Alabama at Birmingham

Hello Michael,

you should take a look at RFC 2398 (Some testing tools for TCP implementors).
It reports a list of useful tools for testing purposes, along with a brief
description and availability instruction.
Maybe the kind of of tool you are looking for is reported there.

Regards
Roberto

--
Roberto Mameli
CoRiTeL - Consorzio di Ricerca sulle Telecomunicazioni

EMAIL : mameli@coritel.it   URL     : http://www.coritel.it
TEL   : +39-06-20410038     ADDRESS : Via di Tor Vergata, 135
FAX   : +39-06-20410037               00133 Roma - ITALY