Re: Ingress-Policy Problem (cont.)

Hi,
To be frank I never experienced the CBQ bug where it stops working after
prolonged use since I run short tests and del the qdisc when I am done
but now I am tempted to look at that and will report my experiences..I
will also look with the 2.2.12 soon..

Meanwhile about the ingress problem here goes..

machine 1:
ingress does not work here::
output of gcc::

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.7.2.3/specs
gcc version 2.7.2.3

It is a Dell Dimension machine. CPU is 350 Mhz,128Mb Ram. I have two
network cards..here is the o/p of vortex-diag::

Index #1: Found a 3c900 Cyclone 10Mbps TPC adapter at 0x1000.
Index #2: Found a 3c905B Cyclone 100baseTx adapter at 0x1080.

RedHat Linux Release 5.2
Kernel version 2.2.10, patched with iproute2-ss990630, ds-6

Machine no 2:
ingress qdisc works here.

output of gcc:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.7.2.3/specs
gcc version 2.7.2.3

It is a Pentium with 265 Mhz, 65 MB RAM

Output of vortex-diag::
Index #1: Found a 3c905 Boomerang 100baseTx adapter at 0xff00.
Index #2: Found a 3c905 Boomerang 100baseTx adapter at 0xfe80.

RedHat Linux Release 5.2
Kernel version 2.2.10, patched with iproute2-ss990630, ds-6

I will be glad to provide any more info if needed.

Meanwhile the folks with the CBQ problem might be interested in reading
this previous mail just to get an idea of the possible problem..

http://linuxwww.db.erau.edu/mail_archives/linux-net/Jul_99/0332.html

Arni