Re: AF with Policing

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Anupama Sundaresan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	Is it possible to introduce policing in the afcbq script provided
> along with TC? I tried to introduce it by having the following command
> modified... i.e., I tried to reclassify packets destined to the 2:1 (AF
> class 1) class.
>
> ./tc filter add dev eth1 parent 2:0 protocol ip prio 1 handle 1 tcindex
> classid 2:1 police rate 1500Kbit burst 50K reclassify

Only CBQ currently understands reclassify and it will drop the packets if
it doesnt have a default map configured. I suspect this is what is
happening to you. I cant remember the exact syntax right now, but look at
the "defmap"  operator.
OTOH, why are you trying to reclassify? This script is supposed to be for
a core router.

cheers,
jamal