Re: compilation of kernel

> 	* can't open blah/...modules.... version not found....etc..
Once you run 'make modules' the first time, it will create that file
which, if I'm following you right, would be
/lib/modules/2.2.10/modules.dep . Once that file is created, it won't
complain.

> 	* eth0 intialization delayed
For some reason, I've noticed that when you 2.2.10, it disables your
network interface drivers support. At least for the 3C59X (Vortex). So
basically, you have to enable support for it when you run 'make
menuconfig' or 'make xconfig'.

Hope that helps.

-- Umair

-- Umair Hoodbhoy