Traffic Control on two interfaces

Hi!

I have a 256Kbit line and the following:

        -------
        --------
           |eth0

          LAN

Now, congestion usually occurs due to 'incoming' traffic. There is a critical
application that requires some guaranteed bandwidth (a simple web server). The
problem is that this bandwidth has to be 'outgoing' traffic.

Is there any way that both interfaces can be regulated as if they were sharing
the same bandwidth (as they actually are)?

Thanx in advance.