[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Linux-diffserv for sparc ?
- To: CURTY@petrobras.com.br (Romulo Curty Cerqueira)
- Subject: Re: Linux-diffserv for sparc ?
- From: Werner Almesberger <almesber>
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:08:33 +0100 (MET)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org (linux-diffserv)
- In-Reply-To: <D668IIM36EIJ*/R=A1/R=C60000/U=X0GJ/@MHS> from "Romulo Curty Cerqueira" at Feb 22, 2000 02:24:46 PM
- Sender: owner-linux-diffserv
Romulo Curty Cerqueira wrote:
> Have you planned anything for a sparc Linux kernel (maybe for RedHat 6.1 for
> Sparc - Kernel 2.2.12-42) ?
The code should be generic enough to work on a SPARC too. (If it isn't,
it's a bug. And don't worry about the i386 stuff in dsfield.h - it's
not used anyway.)
As far as kernels versions are concerned: traffic control in recent 2.2
kernels has been very stable, so the patches should work even in kernels
that we haven't specificly tested. For 2.3, I'd just take something
recent, which already has Diffserv included, and use that.
/ Werner Almesberger, ICA, EPFL, CH email@example.com /