Re: Linux-diffserv for sparc ?

Romulo Curty Cerqueira wrote:
> Have you planned anything for a sparc Linux kernel (maybe for RedHat 6.1 for
> Sparc - Kernel 2.2.12-42) ?

The code should be generic enough to work on a SPARC too. (If it isn't,
it's a bug. And don't worry about the i386 stuff in dsfield.h - it's
not used anyway.)

As far as kernels versions are concerned: traffic control in recent 2.2
kernels has been very stable, so the patches should work even in kernels
that we haven't specificly tested. For 2.3, I'd just take something
recent, which already has Diffserv included, and use that.

- Werner

 / Werner Almesberger, ICA, EPFL, CH       werner.almesberger@ica.epfl.ch /