RE: Ingress

> 	[Dravid, R (Rashmi) ]
>
> 	hi muneyb,
>
> 	i ran the edge-32-ca-u32 script with a udp test generator modified
> to set up tos -byte. I marked the tos-byte to 0x88 and sent a 6Mbit udp
> stream.
>
> 	i observed the packets at the EDGE device marked to 0x88 and 0x90
> and some packets without any marking .  I also expected to see the packets
> marked to 0x98.
>
> 	Could you suggest the problem?

Hi Rashmi,

There is a typo in the Egress side of most of the old scripts in the
dsmark section. You will notice that both 0x98 and 0x0 are mapped
to a classid of 1:3. For BE change the classid to 1:4 and your problem
should be fixed.

######################## Egress side ########################

# attach a dsmarker
#
$TC qdisc add $EGDEV handle 1:0 root dsmark indices 64
#
# values of the DSCP to change depending on the class
#note that the ECN bits are masked out
#
#AF41 (0x88 is 0x22 shifted to the right by two bits)
#
$TC class change $EGDEV classid 1:1 dsmark mask 0x3 \
       value 0x88
#AF42
$TC class change $EGDEV classid 1:2 dsmark mask 0x3 \
       value 0x90
#AF43
$TC class change $EGDEV classid 1:3 dsmark mask 0x3 \
       value 0x98
#BE
$TC class change $EGDEV classid 1:3(should be 1:4) dsmark mask 0x3 \
       value 0x0

Regards
Muneyb.

> 	The EDGE device is atm interface card for my experiment. Since I
> would be using atm as transport mechanism, I would like to implement the ip
> policy routing to direct the packets to different virtual atm interfaces at
> the EDGE.
>
> 	have you experimented with using ip policy routing using tos byte?
>
> 	i have posted the question to the mailing list but have not received
> any answer.
>
> 	your reply/suggestion  would be helpful.
>
> 	thanks
>

> 	rashmi

Muneyb Minhazuddin - Telecommunications Research Engineer
CSIRO Telecommunication and Industrial Physics
Marsfield, NSW, Australia.

Phone no. : 61 2 9372 4113
FAX       : 61 2 9372 4490
e-mail    : mminhazu@tip.csiro.au