Re: CBQ vs. TBF

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Aki M Laukkanen wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:
> > > ]- Where to set HZ.
> >
> > In the place, where it is defined, I think.
> > grep through kernel include files.
> >
> > [ I grepped through mine, but will not prompt you the answer. 8) ]
>
> Changing HZ is works mostly but it might be useful to leave the user-space
> applications like top or ps under the impression that HZ==100 so they
> wouldn't have to be recompiled every time you change HZ.

	Current versions of procps understand 100 and 1024 (x86 and
Alpha defaults).  If you are using 100 or 1024 they do not need to be
recompiled.

 ---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.