RTNETLINK error

Hi all,

I have just started playing round with Linux ds by trying to implement
the examples from Werner's Diffserv paper. When I enter

tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle 1:0 root dsmark indices 64

I get the message 'Invalid Argument' from RTNETLINK.
What is the problem ?
If I omit a parameter e.g 64, I get a usage message from dsmark giving the
command format.

I have however been able to build a cbq link hierarchy using tc and and have
defined
a number of u32 filters (more or less as per example from the paper). These
seem to work. So I can define cbq qdisc's but not dsmark. I would appreciate
any help to resolve this.