Fw: RTNETLINK error

Dhiman,

I have not been able to solve it, partly because I have been busy at other
things. I am using kernel 2.2.10 and DS6 and iproute2-_2_2_4 990630.

I have had a quick recompile of  the kernel setting  all requisite flags .
The dsmark symbols are defined in the system.map for the kernel so I
conclude the software is included. I have not recompiled tc but the
DS_CONFIG flag is correctly set to yes and the dsmark software is included
n the tc  executable.

So the question is what does the RTNETLINK error mean ?
I assume the error is returned from the dsmark code in the kernel
which does not
understand the syntax of the command as given but how can that be
if the command and associated script work for other people.

I take it from the underwhelming response from the experts on this board
that the answer must be obvious but hey I dont mind some help..
What of it guys ??

Brian