qos policies

Hi,
	I intend to use "tc" for implementing qos policies. But I don't
see many explicit attributes in tc which can capture all of qos	policies.
     For example,
*	how about enabling a particular configuration done thru tc to
	work in time interval [t1, t2] ?

*    when implementing qos, I want to specify 'delay', 'jitter',
    'congestion' and so on, how do I map these values to tc parameters.

* 	is it wise to select some default class to provide any qos, as it
	it will not be explicitly mentioned while offering any qos.

So may I expect some one will come up with answers to these. Thanks.

regards,
dhiman