Clarify

Hi ,

 We are started working with TC commands . Following
is our test setup. I have attached the script .

|----------|
| Machine A|--------
|(10.5.2.7)|       |
|----------|       |
                   |10.5.0.37 |--------|192.168.224.1
-----------------|
                   |----------| ROUTER |-----------------|  Machine
C     |
                   |    eth0  |--------| eth1            |
(192.168.224.2)|
|-----------|      |
|----------------|
| Machine B |      |
| (10.5.2.1)|-------
|-----------|

To measure the results we are doing a FTP from Machine C to Machine B
and Machine A. But the results which we are getting are random.
Sometimes
the traffic from Machine C to Machine A gets more priority which ideally

should not happen. Could anyone let me know why is this happening.

Also could you  clarify the following:

1) Do we have to install the DiffServ Patches in all machines if we
have to change the DS code point.

2) Where can i get more information about the TC commands. We are
referring the following site :

http://snafu.freedom.org/linux2.2/iproute-notes.html

But after referring this site i'm not able to get a clear picture.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nithya

Following is the script which we are running in the router

-------------------------  START OF
SCRIPT----------------------------------

# Attaching Qdisc to eth0

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: cbq bandwidth 10Mbit cell 8 avpkt
1000 mpu 64

# Attaching class to the queue
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid 1:1 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
10Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 weight 1Mbit prio 8 maxburst 20 avpkt 1000

# Traffic to 10.5.2.1
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:2 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
5Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 weight 500Kbit prio 1  maxburst 20 avpkt 1000

#traffic to 10.5.2.7
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:1 classid 1:3 cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate
5Mbit allot 1514 cell 8 weight 500Kbit prio 7  maxburst 20 avpkt 1000

#Adding the filter
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 4 handle 1:  u32
divisor 1

#Traffic to 10.5.2.1
tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 prio 4 u32 match ip  src 192.168.224.2
match ip dst 10.5.2.1 flowid 1:2

#traffic to 10.5.2.7

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 prio 4 u32  match ip src 192.169.224.2
match ip dst 10.5.2.7  flowid 1:3