Re: kernel compilation problems with redhat 6.1/6.2

tobias wigand wrote:
> did any of you try to compile kernel or kernel-module support for QoS /
> queueing on a redhat distribution?

I didn't try such a build, but the source looks right. Could it be that
you've built the modules for a different configuration than the rest of
the kernel ? Maybe you need to
make clean && make bzImage modules modules_install

Also, be sure that you're not loading modules from a previous build, e.g.
you may wigh to
rm -rf /lib/modules/2.2.14-5.0

> and when i try to compile it directly into the kernel, it doesn´t work
> at all. every "tc" command comes up with an RTNETLINK or so error.

That should work, though. Maybe you need to rebuild "tc". Also check
the usual gotchas, i.e.
 - the right version of "tc" is indeed the one you're running
 - you're indeed running the kernel you've built
 - /usr/src/linux points to that kernel

- Werner

 / Werner Almesberger, ICA, EPFL, CH       werner.almesberger@ica.epfl.ch /