[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ip, tc and more
I have a couple of questions :
1. I saw that "ip" has a thing called "multipath route" i.e.
ip route ..... nexthop via x.x.x.x weight X nexthop via y.y.y.y weight Y
- what is the algorithm used to choose the gateway in this case...
- does he have some sort of fallback i.e when one of the gateways stop
responding what he does, and what when he comes-back.
2. How exactly the classifing of packets goes i.e. does he goes through all
the filters or through the tree. To be more clean :") if I have this tree :
A,B,C with parent 1:0 and X with parent 1:1
the kernel will first check filter rules A,B,C and then only the packets
goes to class 1:1 will be checked by filter X for further classifying.
Is THAT true or it checks all filters in "linear" fashon.
3. If I use u8, u16 instead u32 does this have some impact on memory usage or
speed. Will someone of the QoS gurus finally write some simple description of
u32 classifier and/or to tc :") ?!? I've began something but there is many
"white spots" yet to be tested and understanded.
Thanx alot in advance