I have a couple of questions :
1. I saw that "ip" has a thing called "multipath route" i.e.
ip route ..... nexthop via x.x.x.x weight X nexthop via y.y.y.y weight Y
- what is the algorithm used to choose the gateway in this case...
- does he have some sort of fallback i.e when one of the gateways stopThe packet doesn't go (either come) anywhere.
responding what he does, and what when he comes-back.
2. How exactly the classifing of packets goes i.e. does he goes through allI think that is true. The packets go to the leaf classes, so if the packet goes to 1:2 class it doesn't go to anyother.
the filters or through the tree. To be more clean :") if I have this tree :
A,B,C with parent 1:0 and X with parent 1:1
the kernel will first check filter rules A,B,C and then only the packets
goes to class 1:1 will be checked by filter X for further classifying.
Is THAT true or it checks all filters in "linear" fashon.
I don't know. I only use u32.
3. If I use u8, u16 instead u32 does this have some impact on memory usage or
Will someone of the QoS gurus finally write some simple description ofU must take more references.
u32 classifier and/or to tc :") ?!?
I've began something but there is manybe patient. Don't believe in miracles.
"white spots" yet to be tested and understanded.
-- ni. Nor bestela??? IDATZI!! ;-))))