From: "Oscar Sanz Garcia" <sanz@cs.utwente.nl>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2000 1:19 PM
Subject: Filters

Hi everybody !!

I'm trying to implement an SNMP Agent based in the DiffservMIB. So, to
implement a whole table related with the filters I would need to know
perfectly the information that is given when I execute the command:

tc filter ls dev eth0

In my script I've defined one filter with preference 4 and two filters more
to classify the traffic according to the source IP address. I've observed
that each time I define a filter, three lines are outputed, but only one has
information about the matched IP address. It appears some numbers that I'd
like to know its meaning, like fh 800:800 or ht 801.

The code related with the filters is:

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 4 handle 1: u32 divisor 1

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 prio 4 u32 match ip dst 130.89.17.41
flowid 1:2

tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 prio 4 u32 match ip dst 130.89.17.43
flowid 1:3

And the result of execute

tc filter ls dev eth0

is:

filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 4 u32

filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 4 u32 fh 2: ht divisor 1

filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 4 u32 fh 801: ht divisor 1

filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 4 u32 fh 801::800 order 2048 key ht 801
bkt 0 flowid 1:3

match 8259112b/ffffffff at 16

filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 4 u32 fh 1: ht divisor 1

filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 4 u32 fh 800: ht divisor 1

filter parent 1: protocol ip pref 4 u32 fh 800::800 order 2048 key ht 800
bkt 0 flowid 1:2

match 82591129/ffffffff at 16

My questions are:

Why are there three lines related with each filter? What is the meaning of
the information outputted?

Thanks in advance

Oscar