Re: Tools to measure latency?

Hi Collins,

We use the GNNettest IW95000 analyser to measure the latency. If you want
to get an idea of the delay the packets experience, do a simple ping
from the source to destination and plot the results using any standard
package.

Cheers
Muneyb.

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, collins wrote:

> hi,
>   my testbed:
>
>     A -----------  B ------------- C
>   linux          linux              linux
>   sender      core router     receiver
>
> Would you like to tell me how to measure the latency
> between Box A and Box C with ttcp ??
> Or if there are other tools can do that??
> Thank you very much.
>
> Best regards,
> collins

Muneyb Minhazuddin - Telecommunications Research Engineer
CSIRO Telecommunication and Industrial Physics
Marsfield, NSW, Australia.

Phone no. : 61 2 9372 4113
FAX       : 61 2 9372 4490
e-mail    : mminhazu@tip.csiro.au