Re: Question EFCBQ example

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, michael.speer@eng.sun.com wrote:

> The other traffic is inbound traffic probably.  Anyway, I am using:
> RedHat 6.2 for SPARC, 2.2.16 kernel with ds-8 applied,
> iproute2-2.2.4-now-ss991023.tar.gz, and gcc version egcs-2.91.66
> 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

I dont know of any issues with the above. Is there anybody else running
Linux on sparcs?

try going back to 2.2.14 and if that doesnt work if you can get access to
an Intel machine and see if this problem is observed.

> What's interesting is the that each EF packet is reported as dropped, but gets
> to the destination host.  Any light that can shed would be helpful.  Is there
> any kernel level debugging that can be turned on?

I am starting to think it could be alignment issues with sparcs that
was overlooked (or not tested).
If the system is successfully reporting the number of packets but
reporting 0 for the bytes then i cant seem to explain it otherwise. Both
are reported back from the kernel to tc using the same piece of data
(struct tc_stats). This would also explain the number of drops being
reported for EF. Could you also try to get the latest iproute kit?

cheers,
jamal