Re: Traffic Control (TC) and firewall (ipchains)

Hello,

if you mean using firewall to choose which treatment you apply to every
packet (depending on a ipchains mark), I recommend you to read the script
examples/Edge1 included in iproute distribution. To make it works it's
easy: ipchains marks the packet

i.e., ipchains -A input -p tcp -d 192.168.1.2/32 22 -m 1

next, in tc filter declarations you have to declare a filter with handle
equal to the mark you want to filter.

tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:0 handle 1 fw classid 1:2

And that's all.

See you ;-)

Esteve CAMPS CHUST
Enginyeria en Informātica ( Universitat de Girona )
http://www.udg.es