unexpected behavoir

I'm seeing strange behavoir in cbq.  When I run traffic generators for two
classes, my bandwidth thruput is 10Mbit, and each class gets about half the
total
bandwidth.  But, when I run only one of the generators, generating traffic
for only one class at twice the previous rate, the thruput drops to 1Mbit.
Both classes
of traffic are the same, in terms of the amount of bits they generate.

The config is simply:

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: cbq bandwidth 10Mbit avpkt 1000 mpu 64
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid :1 est 1sec 8sec cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate 5Mbit weight 5Mbit bounded isolated allot 1514 prio 1 maxburst 50
avpkt 1000 split 1:0
tc class add dev eth0 parent 1:0 classid :2 est 1sec 8sec cbq bandwidth 10Mbit rate 5Mbit weight 5Mbit bounded isolated allot 1514 prio 2 maxburst 50
avpkt 1000 split 1:0

Bug or config problem?

David P. Olshefski
(914) 784-7639, Office H3-F32