Re: Serious rate problems with both CBQ and TBF

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Kris Boutilier wrote:

>  I'm now intensely confused! I've re-read most of the list archive and
> can't see any other report of this problem so I'm inclined to point the
> finger at something particular to this box, such as an insufficiently
> fine grain system clock (relative to the NIC bandwidth?), bad
> interaction with send timers in the updated NIC driver or similar. Take
> a look at the configuration below and see if anything catches your eye
> please:

	When working with 100Mbit interfaces change
HZ = 100 to HZ = 1024 in param.h (include/asm-i386/param.h for x86
platforms).  A 10ms clock is not fine grained enough for 100Mbit
interfaces, ~ 1ms works much better.

---
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
        --About the Internet and nuclear war.