Re: BE and EF Isolation

Mariano Korman wrote:

> >From my own experiments, isolating two traffic classes does not work
> very well. Nevertheless, there is still a lot of work to do before I can
> definately sat whether isolating works or not.
>
> regards,
>
>      Mariano Korman
>
> Tan Chee Wei wrote:
> >
> > Hallo,
> >
> > I implemented the example 'efcbq' in the package, iproute2 and observed the
> > 2 flows, namely BE and EF flows. The EF class is 'isolated' hence by right,
> > BE is not allowed to borrow bandwidth from EF. However, it is observed that
> > BE flows ramp up immediately after the EF traffic flow was cut off. Anyone
> > can offer an explanation? Does that not contradict class isolation ?

Why would you expect things to behave any differently?  CBQ is work-
conserving and classes are allowed to borrow bandwidth from other classes
not fully utilizing their committed share.

Regards,

Steven L. Blake                  <slblake@torrentnet.com>
Ericsson IP Infrastructure                  (919)472-9913