Re: research questions

At 4:16 PM -0400 10/11/00, Dhiman Barman wrote:
>Hi,
>   May I know what are some of the open problems with Linux-diffserv
>which one can look at as potential research areas.
>
>db
>--
>A city is a large community where people are lonesome together
>		-- Herbert Prochnow

There are a number of bit-fiddling questions which get debated on
this newsgroup.  But one of the real-world problems is how to control
QoS.  If everybody has the 'priority button' what's to keep them from
all pushing it?  Leaving us back at the best-effort position we're at
now.  There's language on bandwidth brokers in the IETF working group
papers, but not much in way of implementation.  As a suggestion....