Re: [Diffserv] about DSCP Mapping

Brian,

Sure I understand the link between a DSCP and a queue set, in order to
realize a PHB !
But according to the PIB : Using the qosIfQueueSetAssignTable, we link a
queue set to a DscpMap and that is precisely what I hardly understand.
Actually, here is what is written in the DS PIB current draft (page 27):
qosIfDscpMapDscp DESCRIPTION = "the dscp that is being assigned to a queue
and threshold by this PRI"
-->OK
qosIfDscpMapMapId DESCRIPTION = "an integer that identifies the DscpMap to
which this PRI belongs."
--> It means several Dscps belongs to the same DscpMap... What do they share
? What do they have in common which justify they are grouped together ?

Anyway, I think I could better understand this if I had an example.... and
even an entire PIB example !

Thanks,
Yacine.

: