understanding "divisor" in U32

hallo,

I would like to have a better understanding of using the keyword 'divisor' in filter u32. It seems to me that for a correct implementation of u32, one has to declare the divisor for a particular u32 filter first before specifying the rule that is asscociated with that particular u32 filter in 2 different command statements.Why cannot we combine the 2 statements into 1?
In particular,how many rules are allowed in one slot of the hash table?
 From what I know the divisor is a keyword to divide a hash table. But is this hash table in any way related to the routing cache?
Would appreciate if anyone can provide any insight to the working of u32.

Thanks and kind regards
cheewei

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com