REQ: simple PRIO example

Hi everyone,

I have the following configuration: my linux router has one internal
interface eth0 and an external ppp0. The internal net is MASQed to the
internet.

Now I would like all traffic from the internal net to the external net to
have a higher priority than traffic originating from the router itself to
the external net.

After reading all the docus I could find I think I have to do the following:

1) add PRIO QDiscs to the interfaces
2) specify which classes should be mapped to which band
3) specify which ip-packets should be mapped to which class (adding -m to my
ipchains rules, discriminating by source address)

I am on the right track here? Does anyone have a example which is similar? I
am having some trouble understanding the tc syntax so every tip is welcome.

tia,
  Martin
----
10 out of 3 people are mathematically illiterate.