RE: Load balancing links and QoS

----- Mensaje original -----
De: "krj" <krj@rubtsovsk.ru>
Para: "Jorge Boncompte (DTI2)" <jorge@dti2.net>
Enviado: miercoles, 13 de diciembre de 2000 11:23
Asunto: Re: Load balancing links and QoS

> Equal cost multipath makes a decision on ways of a packets only at the
reference to the routing table.
> Therefore all packets from the first source (for example ping) will go on
one ways and only
> from the secondary on another way. This is no load balance....

    Correct. This is the behaviour I've seen :-(

> If (as I have understood) both ADSL links come on 1 router, for these
purposes in Linux there are pseudo-devices eql and teql.

    No, the LINUX (Router, cache, email), the F-R Router and the TWO ADSL
routers are in the same ethernet segment. TEQL as I understand it need to
have a physical interface in the linux router. All IP traffic goes from the
9 "Network Access Servers" to the linux router, where I need to cache web
pages (This is done now) and route the packets trought the three internet
Uplinks (remember that the ADSL routers are doing NAT, and that all
machines, routers, and dial-in clients have public IP's)

> I applied prio and cbq on teql - all works as well as on the usual device.
> ( It was necessary slightly to correct teqj for really per packet
transmition (needs for link Linux<->Cisco),
> but it is trivialities).

    I don't understand this, but I need per flow or by source IP
(dinamically) load balancing, no per packet balancing despite of the ADSL
routers doing NAT.
    Can this be accomplished using iptables and netfilter????

> Best regards,
> Konstantin Krjemenevskiy
> Rubtsovsk, Altay
> www.rubtsovsk.ru
>
> > 9 E1 (270 ch.) --- Linux ----- Ether. Sw. ------ CISCO 2501
(Fr-Relay) --
> > Internet
> >     |------------- Cisco 1400 ADSL (NAT) ---- Internet
> >     |------------- Cisco 1400 ADSL (NAT) ---- Internet
> >
> >     Any help is appreciated.
> >
> >     Best regards.

9 E1 (270 ch.) -> Linux -> Ether. Sw. -> CISCO 2501(Fr-Relay) -> Internet

Attached to the (Ether. Sw.) above
          |  |
          |  |-> Cisco 1400 ADSL (NAT) -> Internet

          |-> Cisco 1400 ADSL (NAT) -> Internet

    The 9 E1 are attached to the switch but have a default route trhough the
linux router

Maybe now the graph is more cleaner.

    -Jorge

Jorge Boncompte - Tecnico de sistemas
DTI2 - Desarrollo de la Tecnologia de las Comunicaciones
C/ Abogado Enriquez Barrios, 5   14004 CORDOBA (SPAIN)
Tlf: +34 957 761395 / FAX: +34 957 450380
jorge@dti2.net _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ http://www.dti2.net
Without wicker a basket cannot be done.