From: owner-linux-diffserv@lrc.epfl.ch
[mailto:owner-linux-diffserv@lrc.epfl.ch]On Behalf Of bert hubert
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 3:23 PM
To: Doron Oz
Cc: linux-diffserv@lrc.di.epfl.ch; Eike.Frost@gmx.de;
kh@lux.in-berlin.de; macian@ind.uni-stuttgart.de; arni@caip.rutgers.edu;
hadi@cyberus.ca
Subject: Re: Can't get ingress to work (first command fails)

Jamal, I received this and think you might want to look at it:

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 03:13:37PM +0200, Doron Oz wrote:
> I've seen this problem occured to numerous people (cc list) on this list:
>
> tc qdisc add dev eth0 handle ffff: ingress
> RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory
>
> The kernel is sure compiled with both (and actually ALL the options in QoS
> and NF):

Ok. The hypothesis so far was that this might be solved by compiling it in
the kernel, but apparently that doesn't work either. I think this is truly
broken.

Jamal: you once asked me if the problem went away if I compiled everything
statically in the kernel. It doesn't :-) Can you look at it? This is with
2.4.0.

Regards,

bert hubert

--
PowerDNS                     Versatile DNS Services
Trilab                       The Technology People