From: Mariano Korman
Sent: 4/5/01 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: Strange delay

I think MGEN works the following way:

* The sender writes a timestamp on the packet.

* The receiver compares the timestamp to its local time. The delay is
the calculation of the difference between the two.

So, if your delay is negative, you should chech that both machines
(sender and receiver) have the same local time. Simple, isn't it? :)

regards,

Mariano Korman

#SONG JIE# wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use MGEN to genereate traffic to test the service performance. The
tools
> named "ez" can draw the figure of throughput and delay vs window time.
The