RE: [Linux Diffserv] protocol based traffic classification

You should be able to mark the traffic dynamically and get the required
treatment as far as you stick to the DSCP values mentioned in the
DiffServ spec. You can classify your traffic to any of EF or AF classes
from any other class. You may be able to use a different DSCP value than
what is defined in DiffServ spec within the domain that you administer
and then mark to a standard value as soon as the packets leave the
domain where you have control.

Jaya